*This is a sponsored post on behalf of Scholastic and Safe Kids Worldwide. All opinions and statements are my own.
When we first become parents, our number one goal is to keep our children safe. Throughout our lives and our children’s lives, that goal stays the same, although the outside influences change. You can no longer swaddle them in a blanket at 9 years old, but you can keep their helmets on when they ride on bikes and seat belts fastened when they ride in cars.
Sadly, more than 500 children die every day in traffic crashes around the world. Because of this staggering statistic, Scholastic and Safe Kids Worldwide are trying to draw needed awareness to this issue.
This partnership program was designed to get teachers and parents involved in the #SaveKidsLives global awareness campaign to promote global road safety leading up to the Third UN Global Road Safety Week, May 4—10. There are multiple things that you can do to help – right from your own home!!
- Read and sign the declaration to call upon decision-makers worldwide to take action and protect children. It will take you ten seconds and you will be helping to create awareness! You can do this as an individual person, an organization or school teacher or administration.
- Create a family #Safie (like mine above! Download the signboard here and use #Safie) and share it on your social media sites! Draw awareness to this important movement! You can learn more about how to do this here.
- Parents! Read more about how you can help spread the word in the Parent’s section of this great campaign.
Please consider signing the declaration! By doing so you are helping to:
- Make the call for action to stop the growing number of road deaths worldwide.
- Ask decision makers to save kids’ lives by putting road safety in place.
- Support the movement for road safety led by children around the world.
It is our duty to protect and care for our children and if we can make a few more voices heard, hopefully we can save more of these precious lives.