*This is a sponsored post on behalf of Babies“R”Us. All opinions and statements are my own.
With the crazy winter weather that many of us have been experiencing, it is SUPER important that we all have the appropriate gear for our children. Things like car seats can get bumped to the backburner when trying to make sure that everything is okay, but it’s something we have to keep at the forefront if possible. Did you know that car seats expire? I learned this a few years ago only when someone mentioned it at a garage sale! Who knew?? But they do expire and it’s important to keep an eye on that date. Additionally, there are all kinds of weight/height requirements and proper installation techniques to consider. There is just so much, but Babies R Us and Evenflo want to help.
The SafeMax All-in-One Car Seat from Evenflo is one that you are going to want to check out. Here are some statistics per the Safecar.gov site:
- Rollovers have a higher fatality rate than other kinds of crashes.
- Of the nearly 9.1 million passenger car, SUV, pickup and van crashes in 2010, only 2.1% involved a rollover.
- Rollovers accounted for nearly 35% of all fatalities from passenger vehicle crashes in 2010.
Babies“R”Us and Evenflo, both advocates in child product safety, have come together to announce the newest innovation in car seat safety – the SafeMax™ All-in-One Car Seat, now available at Babies“R”Us stores nationwide and online at Babiesrus.com. Designed and tested for structural integrity at energy levels approximately twice the federal crash test standard, the SafeMax™ All-in-One is the first car seat that has been dynamically rollover tested. The SafeMax™ All-in-One Car Seat is appropriate for infants and children from 5 to 120 lbs or up to 57 inches in height, in three positions – rear facing, forward facing and booster seating. In addition to rollover testing, the SafeMax™ All-in-One Car Seat features an integrated steel frame to provide strength in absorbing crash forces and harness webbing to help limit head excursion and prevent ejection, as well as the following securities:
- SafeZone™ Headrest: A combination of premium materials designed to absorb and dissipate crash forces, providing advanced protection where your child needs it most.
- ParentLink® PREMIER Service: Provides owners access to expert advice, including live video installation service with a certified car seat technician. [FYI – this is VERY cool! You can video chat with a safety expert to ensure your car seat is PROPERLY INSTALLED in your vehicle, and ask questions about the proper fit for your child!]
- e3 Side Impact™ Protection: Significantly reduces side impact crash forces up to 50% through an expanded zone of protection and three layers of superior protection.
- OUTLAST® Performance Fabric: Exclusive to Babies“R”Us, this fabric balances a child’s body temperature for a safer, more peaceful ride.
It is so important that parents install their children’s car seats correctly and Evenflo makes it a priority to help. They provide the Evenflo ParentLink PREMIERE Service with gives car seat owners access to a live video chat so that they can get help on the spot. I know how confusing it can be to install a car seat correctly and it would have been very nice to have someone to ask right off the bat! You can also take advantage of a car seat inspection (we got ours free at the fire department years ago) to make sure that everything looks good.
Also, the popular “Great Trade-In” event is back at Babies“R”Us® and Toys“R”Us® stores nationwide! Through this national safety event, Toys“R”Us, Great Trade-In LogoInc. provides consumers with its latest call to action to rid their homes of potentially unsafe, old and secondhand baby gear and furniture in exchange for savings on a new item that meets the latest safety standards. This is SO important. Be sure to check all of your expiration dates!
When will this event take place?
Monday, February 1 through Monday, February 29
New this year, Rewards“R”Us loyalty members can take advantage of early access beginning Friday, January 29 through Sunday, January 31 by showing their Rewards“R”Us loyalty card during checkout
What items are accepted?
Any used cribs, car seats, bassinets, strollers, high chairs, infant swings, bouncers, travel systems, walkers, entertainers, play yards and toddler/twin beds
What are the saving opportunities?
25% savings with trade-in of a used gear or furniture item
30% discount when using an “R”Us Credit Card
No trade-in? No problem! 15% off with an in-store and online coupon available starting February 1
There is no limit to the number of items a customer can trade in
What brands are participating in this national safety event?
Baby Trend®, Britax®, Chicco®, Evenflo®, Graco®, Safety 1st®, Sorelle™ and more.
Want to join the conversation? Use hashtag #BRUGreatTradeIn after you have taken advantage of the savings during the Great Trade-In event!