Valentine’s Day is approaching, so you might be brainstorming trying to think of what gifts you want to give your sweetheart. Gift giving on Valentine’s Day doesn’t need to be expensive or stressful; in fact, you can really spoil your valentine for less than you might think. If you need some creative ideas to get you started, take a peek below at 50 Valentine’s Day gifts for $1 or less that you can buy this season.
First, let’s take a look at gifts that you can find at your local dollar store. The dollar store will have many of these everyday items, and you may be able to find them in Valentine’ Day themes/colors as well. If you are working on a bit of a bigger budget ($5-$10) you can easily assemble a themed basket or bag! Here are a few ideas:
1. Cherry lip balm
2. Chocolate bar or other favorite candy/candy bar
3. Chocolate rose
4. Greeting card
5. Red or pink stretch gloves
6. A colorful glass vase
7. Sweet scented candle
8. Valentine’s Day themed dish towel
9. Valentine’s Day themed balloon
10. Conversation Hearts Candies
11. Heart stickers
12. Sweet smelling hand sanitizer
13.Travel sized lotion
14. Valentine’s Day themed mug or glass
15. Valentine’s Day themed window clings
16. Valentine’s Day placemat
17. Your sweetheart’s favorite chewing gum
18. Your sweetheart’s favorite snack food
19. Garden seeds
20. Flower pot
21. Ear buds in red or pink
22. Small plush animal
23. Red, pink, or purple cosmetic bag
24. Cosmetic brushes
25. Travel size body spray
26. Scented bath salts
27. Scented bubble bath
Want to stay clear of the dollar store? Here are some ideas for items you can craft yourself or create from items you already have on hand. Just whip out a little creativity and see what you can come up with. Here are a few ideas to get you started and inspire you:
28. Handmade coupons for a massage, some help with laundry, and other tasks.
29. Give them a nice back scratch!
30. Wash their car.
31. Take the kids out so your spouse can have some quiet time at home.
32. Frame your sweetheart’s favorite picture. Use a frame on hand or from the dollar store.
33. Plan a floor picnic using items you already have on hand.
34. Take your sweetheart to a local museum on any offered freebie days.
35. Visit a local free park together.
36. Enjoy a RedBox rental together.
37. If they love to read find some gently used books at a thrift store.
38. Go stargazing together. All you need is a blanket and a clear night.
39. Enjoy a nature hike together or a scenic walk.
40. Attend a free concert in your area. Many local colleges and high schools offer them.
41. Make your own handmade card. Make it as silly or serious as you wish.
42. Make a list of all of the reasons you love the person.
43. Give your sweetheart a card describing one of your favorite memories with them.
44. Offer to sing them a song. This can be silly and sweet at the same time.
45. Give your sweetheart a manicure.
46. Give your sweetheart a coupon giving them the remote control for 24 hours.
47. Dance with your sweetheart to a song that holds special memory to you.
48. Give your sweetheart a scalp massage.
49. Treat your sweetheart to a foot rub.
50. Frame an old concert event or sporting event ticket. Choose an event that you attended together.
Valentine’s Day is about making memories and showing the person you love just how special they are. You don’t need a huge budget to do this. Instead, give these 50 Valentine’s Day gift ideas for $1 or less your consideration. You will find just how frugal yet fabulous your Valentine’s Day can be!