Isn’t it nice when your car is clean and all the crumbs have been vacuumed up? Unfortunately, finding cheap ways to get your car cleaned isn’t always easy. A good car cleaning can cost $30 or more! If you don’t want to spend that kind of money each week or month, there are thriftier ways to get your car cleaned. Whether you support a charity car wash or choose a ride thru wash, you can save money!
- Clean It Yourself – Obviously, the easiest and thriftiest ways of cleaning your car is to do it yourself. Go to your local dollar store and pick up some cheap rags (or make them from old towels) and cleaning supplies. Get the kids involved and make it a family thing! Most of us don’t have the time to do this continually, but it’s a fantastic option when you can fit it in.
- Charity Car Washes – Charity car washes are very popular during the warmer months. In most cases these washes cost anywhere from $5 to $10, but some ask that you donate whatever you want. This not only gets your car clean, but can be a great way to support a good cause! Do note that most of these charity washes only clean the outside of your car, but they are perfect for those times when the inside of your car has managed to stay relatively clean.
- Automatic Car Washes – Automatic washes are a wonderful option. You can often find these washes at your local gas station. You may even be able to save money on your gas when you purchase a wash. You can buy a basic wash for less than $5 or get the top of the line wash for less than ten. Some washes even have free self-use vacuums so you can get the entire car clean without spending a lot of money. Make sure that you are planning to fill up your gas tank when you go for this wash to get your best savings.
- Drive Thru Washes – Car wash businesses often offer a ride thru option for very little. You just drive your car through the wash and you’re ready to go. If you do this on a regular basis, you’ll keep your car nice and clean. These washes are usually better quality than the ones found at your local gas station. If you have one in your area, try it out!
- Subscription Programs – Last, but not least, if you love the look of your car after going to the fancy car wash place, see if they have a subscription program. In some cases, you can pay a subscription fee each month and use the wash as often as you like. This will allow your car to be sparkly clean inside and out for a fraction of what you would normally pay. Not all locations will have a subscription service, but it’s worth asking!
If you want your car to be clean, but don’t want to overspend, these cheap ways to get your car cleaned will definitely save you money! Your best bet may be a combination of all the methods above, so do what works best for you. Do you have any other ideas? I’d love to hear them!