Do you love passing the rainbow colored aisle of paint chips at your local hardware or home improvement store? Most people do, as all that color seems to spur our creativity and make us want to get crafty! Well the good news is, there are all sorts of ways to get creative using paint chips, and since you can typically pick up these colorful gems for free, you can imagine these suggestions are budget friendly as well! If you ever wondered how to put those pretty paint chips to use, here are 10 creative ways to use paint chips to get you inspired.
- Make Your Own Bookmarks. As you can see, paint chips make the perfect book marks. Let children decorate them with stickers, markers, and other craft supplies to make a bookmark that is as unique as they are. You will see that they fit books perfectly!
- Craft Lunch Box Notes. Use the strips for colorful little notes in lunch boxes. You can write all sorts of little memos on them, and even cut them into various shapes. Kids will love finding a colorful note just for them and may even want to write one back.
- Frame Them. Cut the paint chips into shapes or even letters, or just leave them in strips and assemble them in a picture frame. You can cut the strips into squares and make a collage, or use a hole punch to make confetti dots that you can sprinkle on paper and frame. It is free, instant art!
- Make Rainbow Confetti. If you need a certain color of confetti, get paint chips in the desired color and use a paper hole punch to punch out the amount you need. It is so easy, and in no time you will have a handful of the perfect color that will suit your party.
- DIY Kids Bracelets. Kids will love turning these strips into their own cuff bracelets. Let them use stickers, markers, and other craft supplies to get the look they want then bend them over the wrists and secure with tape for a fun look.
- Craft A Party Bunting Banner. Cut the paint chips into triangles and attach them to ribbon or string. You now have the perfect party or home décor. Drape the bunting banner across a mantel, entry way, door or window for the perfect pop of color.
- Make Plant Markers. Cut the strip into squares or shape of your choosing and glue to the top of a wooden craft stick. You now have the perfect plant markers for your indoors houseplants, herbs, window gardens, and more.
- Make Reminders. Did you remember to blow out candles before leaving home? To feed the dog? To close the window? If there is a task you tend to forget, leave a colorful paint chip near the door (or in your shoes!) to remind you. When you see it, you will be reminded of the task and be able to act on it.
- Craft Napkin Rings. Take a paint chip and loop it. Secure the ends with glue or tape. You now have the perfect napkin ring, ideal for any dinner party. The best part is, you can color coordinate if you wish, or use a multitude of colors.
- Make Drink Markers. You can take various colored strips and cut them down into skinnier strips. Wrap them around the base of your drink and secure with tape to mark it. This can be fun to try at kid’s parties where drinks can easily get mixed up or at a dinner party for adults!
Are you inspired yet? Give these 10 creative uses for paint chips a try and see how valuable these colorful little strips can be.