Dollar Tree Coupon Policy
If you’re planning to shop at Dollar Tree, you’re going to want to be familiar with the Dollar Tree coupon policy! In short, Dollar Tree began accepting coupons in 2012, but not everyone is aware of that. I know that it may sound a little too good to be true – a dollar store accepting coupons – but it is true and you can get some excellent deals! I am going to go through the Dollar Tree coupon policy with you so that you are armed with the most knowledge for the most savings.
This is the Dollar Tree coupon policy per the Dollar Tree website:
- We accept Manufacturer Coupons only. We do not accept retail-specific coupons, such as those of Target, Wal-Mart, etc.
- We do not accept photocopies of coupons. Coupons must be intact and not altered or modified in any way.
- Coupons can only be used in stores, must be presented at time of purchase, and cannot be redeemed for cash at a later time.
- Item purchased must match the coupon description (brand, size, quantity, color, etc.) and be presented prior to the expiration date printed on the coupon.
- We accept only one (1) Manufacturer Coupon per single item purchased.
- We accept coupons for over a dollar on a single item, but the coupon value will be reduced to the purchase price of the item.
- We cannot give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase price of the item.
- We accept coupons for over a dollar on multiple items if the coupon amount does not exceed the combined retail price of the items indicated.
- We accept up to four (4) like coupons per household per day.
- Coupons for free items are only accepted if a purchase is required to get one free (for example, Buy One Get One Free offers).
- Any applicable sales tax must be paid by consumer.
- We reserve the right to accept, refuse, or limit the use of any coupon.
- This policy is subject to all local, state, and federal laws and regulations where applicable.
- These guidelines apply to all coupons accepted at Dollar Tree (Manufacturer and Internet Coupons).
- We accept up to two (2) Internet Coupons per household per day.
- Internet Coupons must be a “Manufacturer Coupon”, have a valid expiration date, and must have a valid remit address for the manufacturer.
- We do not accept Internet Coupons for “Free” items with no purchase requirements.
- Duplicated (photocopies) Internet Coupons will not be accepted. Each Internet Coupon must have a different serial number.
A few things that I want to point out to you about Dollar Tree:
- Each and every Dollar Tree store has different inventory. If you have three Dollar Tree stores within a mile of each other, they will each have different brand names as well as store branded items (with some overlapping items). I recommend that you visit each of your stores and take a tour (or some photos!) so that you can gauge the coupons for which you should keep your eyes peeled.
- Not all Dollar Tree cashiers are familiar with the Dollar Tree coupon policy. If you find yourself in that predicament at checkout, politely pull up the policy here or print it out and keep it with you for reference.
- You CAN purchase multiple free items with one coupon. If (for example) you have a $2 Breathe Right Strips coupon, you can purchase two boxes of Breathe Right Strips for $1 each and use the $2 coupon to get them both free. (Reference We accept coupons for over a dollar on multiple items if the coupon amount does not exceed the combined retail price of the items indicated.)
- Dollar Tree will not accept printable coupons with reference to another store even if it is a manufacturer’s coupon. If the coupon has a Walmart logo on it, you’re out of luck.
- You CAN use a coupon that is greater than the price of the item and have your coupon reduced. This is a situation that many cashiers aren’t familiar with, so please refer them to their policy. (Reference We accept coupons for over a dollar on a single item, but the coupon value will be reduced to the purchase price of the item.)
- If you find yourself in a disagreement with a cashier, don’t be afraid to politely ask for a manager. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, you can contact Dollar Tree customer service at 1-877-530-TREE (8733).
Shopping at Dollar Tree can be tons of fun, you just need to be familiar with the Dollar Tree coupon policy. Keep your eyes peeled for those great coupons and reference the Dollar Tree section of my site for deals that you may find near you.