Pound cake is one of those desserts that has a special place in my heart and this Strawberry Pound Cake Dessert Recipe is sure to have one in yours. Throughout my entire childhood my grandmother would make one for each and every gathering. If we went to her house for dinner, there was always pound cake. If she came to our house, there was always pound cake! My hope is that this delicious Strawberry Pound Cake Dessert Recipe will have a special place in your family!
The best thing about this recipe is that you’ve got a nice combination of sturdy cake with a sweet touch and then rich berries with whipped cream for an entirely different kind of sweetness. They make fantastic friends and you’re going to love it!
The most important step in this recipe is to be sure to mix your flour and milk in slowly with a little of each at a time. If you toss them both in, you’re going to get clumps. It won’t take you too long, but patience makes perfect with this one! No on to the Strawberry Pound Cake Dessert Recipe! Ready for more deliciousness? Read more of my recipes!
- Pound Cake Recipe:
- 2 C unsalted butter, soft
- 3 C granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 C all- purpose flour
- 3/4 C whole milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- - Remove all stems and cut into quarters i use 1 cup of berries per dessert serving
- - Toss strawberries and 2 tbsp sugar in a bowl and place in the refrigerator for 30 min.
- Pound Cake Directions:
- -Beat butter with electric mixer on med speed until light and creamy.
- -Add sugar mixing on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- -Add eggs, 1 at a time
- -Add some of the flour to the mixture.
- -Add the milk. 1 C of flour to 1/4 C of milk end with the flour.
- -Beat on low speed
- -remove all lumps
- -Add Vanilla
- -Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour, 40 min.
- -Insert a tooth pick and if it comes out clean the p0und cake is done.
- -Cool on rack for 10-15 minutes.
- -Remove from pan.
- Building the perfect Strawberry Pound Cake Dessert
- - Cut the pound cake in slices 2' inches in width you will need 2-3 slices
- - Take the berries and pile a layer on top of the sliced pound cake
- - Now take your whipped cream and do a layer on top of the strawberries
- - Place another slice of pound cake on top and repeat process above.