Here is a recipe that is delicious, decadent and not too tough to make! You can make these Nutella Banana Cheesecake Egg Rolls for dessert, a sweet breakfast or any special occasion. Someone is going to love you for it!
6-8 egg roll wrappers (depends on how much you fill each one)
1 1/2 – 2 bananas
6-8 tsp Nutella
1 8oz cream cheese brick (softened)
8 tsp sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 tsp lemon juice
2 cups whipped topping
Canola oil (for frying)
Powdered sugar, Nutella and whipped topping to taste
The first thing that you’re going to want to do is prepare the cheesecake filling. Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the 8 oz of cream cheese until it is smooth. Slowly add in the sweetened condensed milk, scraping the sides of the bowl as you go. Add in the vanilla extract and incorporate fully. Next add the lemon juice and combine. Lastly, mix in 2 cups of the whipped topping just until it’s all stirred together. Don’t over-mix this filling. Leave this cheesecake mixture in the bowl and set aside.
To make your egg rolls, begin by heating the canola oil in a frying pan over medium heat. The oil doesn’t have to be too deep – one or two inches is fine. Cut the bananas into quarters and place one piece on each egg roll wrapper. Top each banana piece with 1 Tbsp of cheesecake filling. Top this with 1 tsp of Nutella and wrap the egg roll according to the directions on the package (may vary slightly by brand). Carefully drop the egg roll into the oil and fry until browned. Be sure to flip the egg roll around to fry evenly on all sides. Allow it to sit on a paper towel for a minute so that any excess grease can be absorbed. Allow to cool a bit and top with powdered sugar, Nutella and whipped cream to taste. Serve warm and enjoy!
Ready for more deliciousness? Read more of my recipes!
Nutella Banana Cheesecake Egg Rolls
- 6-8 egg roll wrappers (depends on how much you fill each one)
- 1 1/2 - 2 bananas
- 6-8 tsp Nutella
- 1 8oz cream cheese brick (softened)
- 8 tsp sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Canola oil (for frying)
- Powdered sugar, Nutella and whipped topping to taste
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- While mixer is running, slowly add sweetened condensed milk. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl as you go.
- Add vanilla extract and lemon juice one at a time. Combine thoroughly.
- Add 2 cups whipped topping and mix only until combined. Don't over mix.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Oil doesn’t have to be deep, 1-2 inches is fine.
- Cut bananas into quarters, placing one piece of banana on each egg roll wrapper.
- Top with 1 Tbsp cheesecake filling.
- Add 1 tsp of Nutella on top of the filling.
- Wrap according to the egg roll directions on the package.
- Carefully drop into oil and fry until browned, turning on all sides.
- Allow to drain on paper towels to allow the excess grease to be absorbed.
- Once cooled a bit, add powdered sugar, Nutella and whipped cream to taste.