Getting vegetables into your diet can sometimes be a challenge, regardless of the recipe. That’s why these Easy Baked Asparagus Fries are about to become a new favorite! I had this recipe at my mother and father-in-law’s house and I had to share it with you! These are absolutely amazing and you will not be able to stop eating them! A good problem to have!
The Baked Asparagus Fries are very easy to make, so it will only take you minutes to prepare and then 15 to 20 minutes to bake. I’m also including an Aioli Sauce for your dipping pleasure! The one thing to remember about this recipe is that when you pull out two bowls (one will hold your egg whites and flour, the other will hold the breadcrumb mixture), both bowls have to be long enough to fit the full length of the asparagus. It will make your life much easier!
Set your oven to preheat at 375 degrees and then cut and clean your asparagus. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set to the side. In a medium size bowl, whisk together the egg whites and the flour. In a second bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Old Bay Seasoning, and shredded Parmesan cheese. Dip and thoroughly coat each asparagus spear in the egg and flour mixture, then move it to the next bowl and thoroughly coat the now wet asparagus spear it in the breadcrumbs mixture. Arrange the asparagus on the parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. You’ll know when they are ready when they look brown and crispy. Serve hot.
Ready for more deliciousness? Read more of my recipes!
Easy Baked Asparagus Fries
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs or Panko
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Garlic Bulbs
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Grated or Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, fresh
- 1 Tbsp Flatt Leaf Parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Note - bowls used should be long enough to fit the length of the asparagus.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the egg whites and the mayonnaise.
- In a separate bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Old Bay Seasoning, and shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Dip and thoroughly coat each asparagus spear in the egg and flour mixture, then thoroughly coat the now wet asparagus spear it in the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Arrange the asparagus on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake asparagus for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot.
- Cut the tops off of garlic heads and pour olive oil on a baking sheet, add salt and a few turns of a pepper mill to olive oil.
- Place garlic bulbs cut side down in olive oil.
- Roast in a 400 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes
- In a small bowl add mayo, cheese, lemon juice, parsley, Kosher salt and black pepper. Whisk until all ingredients are well mixed.
- When garlic is finished roasting, squeeze out the garlic pieces into the mayo mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Allow Aioli Sauce to chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.