These easy Bacon And Doritos Loaded Accordion Potatoes are about to make your next meal much more exciting! This loaded hassleback baked potatoes recipe is one that you’re going to want to make again and again!
3 russet or yukon gold potatoes, cut accordion style
1 large sweet onion
8 ounces sour cream
1 cup crushed Doritos
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
4 tablespoons unsalted sweet cream butter
5 strips of thick cut bacon, crumbled
extra virgin olive oil
cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill a stock pot with water 3/4 full and set to high, waiting for the water to boil. Scrub your potatoes and set them to the side until your water is ready. Put the potatoes into the water and boil 10 minutes. Remove potatoes from water, place on paper towels to dry and allow to cool.
When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice them in the accordion style approximately 10 times. Insert a slice of onion in between some of the wedges and brush your potatoes with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Place your potatoes on a cookie sheet or wrap in aluminum foil and bake until tender and the tines of a fork can puncture easily through the potato (about an hour.)
While the potatoes are baking, make your sour cream mix. Combine the sour cream, red pepper, green pepper and crumbled bacon and mix well. Add some Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste. Chill this in your refrigerator until ready to use.
When the potatoes are finished cooking, remove them from the oven and drizzle them with the rosemary butter. Top them with the sour cream mixture and crumbled Doritos. If you have additional bacon, onions or Doritos, throw on as much as you’d like! Serve promptly.
Ready for more deliciousness? Read more of my recipes!
Bacon And Doritos Loaded Accordion Potatoes
- 3 russet or yukon gold potatoes
- 1 large sweet onion
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cup crushed Doritos
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 Tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter
- 5 strips of thick cut cooked bacon, crumbled
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill a stock pot with water 3/4 full.
- Put potatoes into water and boil potatoes for 10 minutes. Remove potatoes from water and allow to cool.
- When safe to handle slice potatoes in the accordion style.
- Insert slice of onion in between some of the wedges.
- Brush potatoes with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Place potatoes on a cookie sheet or wrap in aluminum foil and bake until tender and the tines of a fork can puncture easily through the potato (about an hour).
- As potatoes are baking make sour cream mix.
- Combine sour cream, red pepper, green pepper and crumbled bacon. Mix well.
- Add Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Melt butter in a pan and add chopped rosemary, set aside.
- When potatoes are finished cooking remove from oven and drizzle with rosemary butter. Top with sour cream mixture and crumbled Doritos.
- Serve promptly.