Maybe it’s just me, but doing the laundry can take forever and usually ends up at the bottom of a long list of household chores. Statistics say that the average family does around 400 loads of laundry each year (which doesn’t even sound like enough for my household!), but Tide and Maytag are looking to help us get our chores done in a functional and well-designed space.
In the same vein, The Home Depot is a one-stop shop for finding everything we for the laundry room, including great cleaning products, appliances, organizing, storage and decorating items. Jenny Komenda, decorator and blogger at The Little Green Notebook has a few tips on how to create a more efficient space in your laundry room.
- Dealing with a dark, cave-like laundry room is a chore in and of itself! By taking off the doors on a few of your upper cabinets, you’ll open up the space and create a place to store baskets. In this laundry room, we assigned baskets for every member of the house, which makes sorting a breeze!
- Why not decoupage or paint insides of cabinets for a fun pop of color? It’s a guaranteed smile each and every time you reach for your detergent.
- Don’t like the cabinets, floors and countertops in your laundry room? Every surface can be painted or resurfaced! For less than $30 in materials, the outdated linoleum, brick pavers and old, dark cabinets were updated in this laundry room with paint and with a concrete overlay product.
- A rolling laundry butler can be your best friend, doing triple duty with a hanging bar, a rolling basket and a drying rack. It’s the perfect choice for a laundry room with limited space that hasn’t been updated in a few decades.
- Don’t neglect your laundry room walls! Hanging interesting art and mirrors will elevate your room and make it feel less utilitarian and more “homey”. Suddenly those 400 loads of laundry most of us will do this year might actually be enjoyable!
- Use a slab of stone or a simple piece of painted MDF on top of the washer/dryer units to create a folding station and to prevent socks from slipping in between the appliances.
You can visit the Brilliant Clean sweepstakes for a chance to win an e-design consultation by Jenny, a Maytag Washer and Dryer, a year’s supply of Tide and $5,000! Ten runners up will receive a year’s supply of Tide!
Plus, because you are an awesome Couponing For 4 reader, I am giving one lucky winner a $50 Home Depot Gift Card and Tide Prize Pack!
To enter this giveaway, complete any or all of the options listed below. Giveaway ends 8/16. Good luck!
*Note – if you are reading this by email, RSS or any other platform that doesn’t show you a widget above, click through to the post and you will see it.
Fine Print – I was given a prize pack and Home Depot, Tide and Maytag are giving another to a reader. All of the opinions and statements above are my own.