You may have heard that Jewel has released a new coupon policy! I have waited to put it up for this reason – it has been revised more than once. I don’t want to give you information until I know it’s the correct information! That being said, here is your shiny new coupon policy that will be active as of 7/1:
“Jewel-Osco is committed to providing our customers with a satisfying shopping experience that includes fast, friendly checkout.
Definitions and Restrictions
Manufacturer Coupons – Coupons issued by the manufacturer or vendor that are reimbursable to the merchant. The coupon verbiage contains terms of agreement, redemption instructions, a face value, an expiration date, scan barcode and the words “Manufacturer Coupon.”
Store Coupons – Contain the verbiage “redeemable only at Jewel Osco.” They are issued directly by Jewel-Osco and may be distributed electronically or via newspaper, ad inserts, direct mailer, or by other means.
Catalina Coupons – Catalina is a third party vendor who partners with Jewel-Osco and product manufacturers to deliver Manufacturer and Store coupons to consumers based on purchases. Catalina coupons are printed directly at the lane and may only be used for a future purchase.
Internet Coupons – Coupons printed directly from an internet website and presented for redemption with a qualifying purchase. They can be either a Manufacturer or Store coupon. A Manufacturer Coupon must have the standard redemption information as is listed in the ‘Manufacturer Coupon’ section above.
The following conditions apply:
- DO NOT accept internet coupons for free product offers which do not require a qualifying purchase (“Buy one get one free” is allowable)
- DO NOT accept internet coupons with redemption value greater than FIVE ($5)
- DO NOT accept internet coupons that lack a barcode
- DO NOT accept photocopied internet coupons
- DO NOT accept blurry or distorted coupons
General Acceptance Guidelines
- Coupons are intended for one time use and cannot be used more than once, except in circumstances where doubling or tripling of coupons is permitted or otherwise stated, eg Friends & Family multiuse store coupons
- Cents off Coupons – will be accepted for the full face value on a “cents off” coupon provided the customer has other purchases against which to credit the additional amount. Coupon deductions may not exceed the total amount of purchase – no cash back may be given
- A cents off coupon may be used with a B1G1Free coupon, redeemable on the purchased item
- Free/Max Value Manufacturer Coupons – The Item Price cannot be exceeded when crediting a
- Free/Max Value coupon
- ILLINOIS STORES ONLY: Customers are NOT required to pay taxes on ‘Unconditional ‘ Free Manufacturer Coupons. Ring as a separate Tax Exempt order to relieve the taxes once manufacturer coupon has been scanned
- For Manufacturer Coupons that do not specify a specific discount, such as “Buy one get one free,” or “Free up to XXX” the applied discount must be legibly written on the coupon by the cashier
- Manufacturer coupons may be combined with store offers, store promotions & store coupons.
- One Manufacturer coupon and one Store coupon may be redeemed per item
- Photocopied manufacturer coupons will not be accepted
- Competitor’s Store coupon: The following will be redeemed as a Store Coupon:
- Competitor ‘Own Brand’ merchandise Store Coupon on exact size and type of Jewel-Osco ‘Own Brand’ merchandise, at the face value of the coupon, within the valid dates of that coupon.
- Competitor Minimum Purchase Store Coupon at the face value of the store coupon must have a minimum purchase that exceeds the value of the coupon, within the valid dates of the coupon.
- List of Competitor ‘Own Brand’ and ‘Minimum Purchase Required’ Coupons honored: Dominick’s, Food 4 Less, Walmart, Target, Mariano’s, Caputo’s, Tony’s, Woodman’s, Walgreen’s, CVS.
- Catalina Manufacturer Coupons with the verbiage “Redeemable only at” [a competitor]) CANNOT be redeemed at Jewel-Osco or any SUPERVALU location
- For all coupons, follow limitations on quantities or the number of purchases per customer
- All coupons should be checked for expiration – expired coupons will not be accepted
- Mail In Rebate offers may often resemble coupons, but cannot be accepted as an in-store discount at the time of purchase. Customers are expected to complete a rebate offer by submitting the requested information through the mail
- Consumers pay sales tax on the full price of an item when redeeming a manufacturer coupon EXCEPTION: Unless unconditional free in the State of Illinois
- Coupons may be redeemed in WIC transactions
- Coupons may be redeemed in a LINK transaction however customers are responsible for all taxes on coupon value”
In my opinion, it is a bummer that we will no longer be able to use Register Rewards that say “Redeemable Only At,” but I am digging the overage opportunities that we may have! What do you think?