Were you a fan of Strawberry Shortcake and her friends when you were younger? I was! And now my daughter is a fan. She got a little Strawberry Shortcake doll from McDonald’s a few weeks ago and she smells so good that I’ve actually sneaked a few smells. Don’t judge me!
On March 5th, a new Strawberry Shortcake film, Strawberry Shortcake: Berry Friends Forever is coming to DVD! You can print out this Free Strawberry Shortcake Coloring Sheet and get your little one prepared for the movie!
To keep your kids on the right track, here are some of the “berry” best manners that Strawberry and Blueberry would approve of!
- Keep Your Elbows Off The Table – While the origin of this table manner is still up for debate, it’s “berry” polite to keep your elbows off the table while eating! Resting your elbows on the table while you eat makes you prone to accidental spills and other mishaps, while remembering to keep your elbows off the table ensures that food, utensils, and drinks remain on the table and out of your lap!
- Always Use Your “Inside Voice” – It’s easy to get excited when talking about something you love and are excited about, or when having fun with your berry best friends, but it’s important to always use your “inside voice.” If you’re invited to a formal event like the Berry Bitty Buggy Derby like Strawberry and her pals are, you’d have to do your best to not yell to show your excitement!
- Always Use “Please” and “Thank you” – Always remember to say, “please” before asking for something, and “thank you” when someone does something to help you. Using “please” and “thank you” isn’t just a way to be polite when asking for something, but it’s also a nice way to decline someone’s offer. Let’s say a friend offers you a snack at their house, but you’re allergic to the food – what do you say? “No, thank you!”
- Knock Before Entering – If someone has the door to their bedroom, the bathroom, etc. closed, you should always knock and ask for permission to come in before entering. In general, people shut doors when they don’t want company, so if you want to be on your “berry” best behavior, you should always knock!
- Chew With Your Mouth Closed – No matter how yummy your food is, always remember that those you’re eating with don’t want to see your chewed food hanging out of your mouth! Even though everyone enjoys tasty food, it’s important to chew food with your mouth closed so that you don’t accidentally gross out your dining companions. Chewing with your mouth closed also helps you keep from dropping chewed food on your clothes and the table. Another “berry” good tip: don’t talk with your mouth full of food either – it’s considered polite to finish chewing and then speak!
To get everyone excited about the new DVD, I am giving one lucky winner a copy of Strawberry Shortcake: Berry Friends Forever!
To enter this giveaway, complete any or all of the options listed below. Giveaway ends 3/1. Good luck!
*Note – if you are reading this by email, RSS or any other platform that doesn’t show you a widget above, click through to the post and you will see it.
Fine Print – I was not compensated for this post. Fox Entertainment is giving a DVD to a reader. The Coloring Sheet above has been distributed with the permission of Fox Entertainment. All of the opinions and statements above are my own.