Since I started covering Butera Market, I’ve heard some concerns about their coupon policy. I don’t know the coupon policy at Butera exactly, although I’ve shopped there for awhile and have come to know what to expect. Not being positive that this wasn’t a case of “my store making their own rules” I decided to go after an official coupon policy. While I wasn’t able to get one in writing, I was able to speak with the nice people at the Butera Corporate Office.
Here are a few of the things they told me:
1. Butera accepts all Internet printable coupons up to $2.
2. You can use as many valid coupons as you have, provided the coupon amount doesn’t exceed the price of the item. (see #3)
3. They do not provide overage with coupons. If your product is $.75 and your coupon is for $1 they will lower the amount of the coupon.
4. You can buy as many of the same product as you want (provided you are within stated “Limit” amounts) and use as many of the same coupon as you have products.
5. They do not accept competitor Catalina coupons.
6. (I am adding this one myself) They have the right to refuse any coupon that they feel is invalid. This is a part of the policy at every store.
If you are abiding by these rules at Butera and still have a problem with a cashier, please ask for a manager. If your situation isn’t resolved at the managerial level, refer to Corporate at 847-741-1010. They are very nice and (thank goodness!) seem to have a standard coupon policy that they follow.